Backup - PostgreSQL iDataAgent
|Deployment||Deployment - UNIX||Configuration||Backup||Restore|
Perform a Backup
The following section provides step-by-step instructions for performing your first backup:
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | PostgreSQL | <Instance> | DumpBasedBackupSet.
Right-click the default subclient and click Backup.
- Click Full as backup type and then click Immediate.
- You can track the progress of the job from the Job Controller window of the CommCell console.
- Once the job is complete, view the job details from the Backup History. Right-click the Subclient and select Backup History.
- In the Backup History Filter dialog box, click OK.
- You can view the following details about the job by right-clicking the job:
- Items that failed during the job
- Items that succeeded during the job
- Details of the job
- Events of the job
- Log files of the job
- Media associated with the job
What Gets Backed Up
Dump Based Backup:
- PostgreSQL system databases
- PostgreSQL user databases
File System Based Backup:
- PostgreSQL databases (data and logs)
- Log files
What Does Not Get Backed Up
- PostgreSQL application files
- Operating system data
Use the File System iDataAgent to back up the above mentioned components.