Backup - SAP Oracle iDataAgent
After you configure an instance and subclient, perform a backup.
Perform a Backup
The following section provides step-by-step instructions to perform your first full backup:
- From the CommCell Console, navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | SAP for Oracle | <Instance>
Right-click the Subclient and click Backup.
- Select Full as backup type and Immediate to run the job immediately.
- You can track the progress of the job from the Job Controller window of the CommCell console.
If you are using a stand-alone drive, you are prompted to load a specific cartridge into the drive. If you are using a library, you will not receive this prompt. The system loads the tapes automatically. Your cartridges should be appropriately labeled. This will enable you to locate the correct cartridge for a restore job, if necessary.
- Once the job is complete, view the details of job from the Backup History. Right-click the Subclient and select Backup History.
- Click OK.
- You can view the following details about the job by right-clicking the job:
- Items that failed during the job
- Items that succeeded during the job
- Details of the job
- Events of the job
- Log files of the job
- Media associated with the job
What Gets Backed Up
The SAP Oracle iDataAgent backs up the following:
- Oracle database files, which include data files (*.dbf) and control files (*.ctl)
- Archived redo logs
- Parameter files (P File/SP File)
- BR*Tools detail files
- BR*Tools summary files
What Does Not Get Backed Up
The SAP Oracle iDataAgent does not backup Oracle application files associated with the Oracle installation.