Restore - SAP Oracle iDataAgent
|Deployment - Windows||Deployment - Microsoft Cluster||Deployment - UNIX||Deployment - UNIX - Veritas Cluster||Configuration||Backup||Restore|
Perform a Restore
It is recommended that you perform a restore operation immediately after your first full backup to understand the process.
The following section comprehends the steps involved in restoring your entire database.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <Client> |Sap for Oracle.
Right-click the <Instance> that contains the data you want to restore, point to All Tasks and click Browse and Restore.
Select the instance node in the left pane. The data and logs will be automatically selected in the right pane.
Click Recover All Selected.
Choose the Number of streams to use for restore.
Select the options to restore the database.
Verify that the status of the database is displayed as MOUNTED; if necessary click Refresh to get the latest status.
Use the following steps to mount the database:
- From the SAP/Oracle Restore Options dialog box, click Advanced.
- Click the Options tab.
- Select the Switch Database mode for Restore checkbox and click OK.
- Click OK.
Once the database is mounted, click OK.
- You can monitor the progress of the restore job in the Job Controller.
- Once the restore job has completed, right-click the entity (e.g. agent, instance) and click View | Restore History.
If the entity chosen is the client computer, click View | Job History.
The database is restored to the directory where it resides.