SnapProtect - Backup - SAP Oracle
Perform a Backup
A full backup is the most comprehensive backup and is the baseline for incremental backups.
Note: When you perform an offline backup from the CommCell Console, the database is shut down by default. You can disable the forced shutdown by setting the sNOOFFLINEFORCE Additional Setting to Y.
Before You Begin
- Configure a subclient for SAP Oracle.
If the database is in NOARCHIVELOG mode, you must back up the database offline.
If the database is in ARCHIVELOG mode and database accessibility is a priority, perform an online backup of the database.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > SAP for Oracle > instance.
- Right-click the subclient and click Backup.
- On the Backup Options for Subclient dialog box, select the backup type and job initiation:
- In the Backup Type section, select Full.
- In the Job Initiation section, specify whether to run the backup now or if it will be scheduled.
Note: If you selected Schedule, set up the schedule.
For information on configuring a backup schedule, see Schedule Backups.
- Click OK to close the Backup Options dialog box.
What Gets Backed Up
The default subclient will automatically include the following entities:
- Oracle database files, which include data files (*.dbf) and control files (*.ctl)
- Archived redo logs
- Parameter files (P File/SP File)
What Does Not Get Backed Up
The following entities will not be included in the default subclient:
- Oracle application files associated with the Oracle installation