Migrating Data from the Content Database
If you uploaded data to the content database before enabling the Remote BLOB Storage (RBS), after RBS is enabled, you can migrate this data from the content database to the BLOB store.
You can migrate only the content that meets the set Minimum BLOB Storage Size requirement.
- From the Windows Start menu, open the SharePoint Central Administration tool.
- Under Central Administration, click Application Management > Configure Remote BLOB Storage.
- Click the Web Application list and select a web application.
- Click Advanced.
- In the Advanced Options window, select Migrating Existing Data from Content Database, and then click Next.
- In the Migrating Existing Data from Content Database window, specify the migration details:
- In the Task Name box, enter a name for the data migration job.
- To obtain permissions for running the data migration job on the computer, enter the User Name and the Password.
- Choose when you want to run the job:
- To run the data migration job immediately, select Run Now.
- To set the schedule for a future job, select Schedule and specify the time interval.
- Click OK.
You can schedule to migrate the data that did not meet the minimum BLOB storage requirement for migration. For more information, see Scheduling Migration of Data from the Content Database.