Scheduling Migration of Data from the Content Database
To migrate the data from the content database to the BLOB store that does not meet the Minimum BLOB Storage Size requirement for migration, you can create a schedule for the data migration job.
You can create a schedule for the data migration job based on one or more of the following criteria:
- General configuration such as data creation or modification time, data size, and version.
- Owner of the document or group name to which the owner belongs.
- File pattern of the document.
- From the Windows Start menu, open the SharePoint Central Administration tool.
- Under Central Administration, click Application Management > Configure Remote BLOB Storage.
- Click the Web Application list and select a web application.
- Click Advanced.
- In the Advanced Options window, select Scheduled Content Management, and then click Next.
- In the Scheduled Content Management window, create and schedule the data migration job:
- On the General tab, provide the data creation or modification time, data size or version to create the schedule.
- On the User tab, provide the document owner name or group name to which the owner belongs. Click Browse to add the owner or group name.
- On the Pattern tab, provide the file patterns of the document. Click Edit to type the pattern or click Browse to select the document patterns from a list. Click Save to save the patterns.
- On the Scheduling tab,
- In the Task Name box, enter a name for the data migration job.
- To obtain permissions for running the data migration job on the computer, enter the User Name and the Password.
- Select a frequency to run the data migration job.
You can select Run Now, or Daily, or Weekly, or Monthly.
- Click OK.