Backup - SQL Server iDataAgent
|Deployment||Deployment - Microsoft Cluster||Deployment - Non-Microsoft Cluster||Configuration||Backup||Restore|
|What Gets Backed Up||What Does Not Get Backed Up|
| SQL Server system databases, which includes master, msdb, and model
SQL Server user databases
SQL Server Filestream Databases using traditional and SnapProtect backups
For SQL Server 2005, traditional and SnapProtect backups
For SQL Server 2008 and above traditional, SnapProtect and VSS enabled backups
| tempdb - as SQL Server re-creates tempdb every time the server is started, it is not included in the backup
SQL analysis server database
Databases on removable media
Databases in single-user mode, suspect, loading, standby, and offline
SQL Server Filestream Databases using VSS
The following cannot be backed up using the SQL Server iDataAgent:
Use the Windows File System iDataAgent to back up the above mentioned components.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | SQL Server | <Instance>.
- From the subclient list on the right, right-click the default subclient and click Backup.
- From the Backup Options for Subclient dialog box:
- Click Full as backup type and then click Immediate.
- Click OK.
- You can track the progress of the job from the Job Controller window of the CommCell console.
- Once the job is complete, view the job details from the Backup History. Right-click the Subclient and select Backup History.
- From the Backup History Filter dialog box, click OK to display the backup job history in a tab.
- From the backup job history tab, right-click the job to:
- Browse the databases that were backed up.
- View items that failed, if any, during the job.
- Resubmit the job.
- View job details.
- View media associated with the job.
- View events associated with the job.
- View backup items (you can view the database files that were backed up e.g., .mdf, .ldf).
- View or send the log file that is associated with the job.