Configuration - SQL Server iDataAgent
|Deployment||Deployment - Microsoft Cluster||Deployment - Non-Microsoft Cluster||Configuration||Backup||Restore|
Once installed, configure a subclient and associate a storage policy as follows:
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | SQL Server | <Instance>.
Right-click the default subclient and then click Properties.
- Click the Content tab.
- Click Discover.
- Hold down CTRL and click each database listed in the Database Name list.
Ensure you have at least one user-created database selected as depicted in the image on the right.
- Click the Storage Device tab.
In the Storage Policy box, select a Storage Policy name.
If you do not have Storage Policy created, follow the step given in step 7 below to create a storage policy.
- Click the Log Storage Policy tab.
In the Storage Policy box, select a Storage Policy name.Click OK.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Policies.
- Right-click the Storage Policies and then click New Storage Policy.
- Follow the prompts displayed in the Storage Policy Wizard. The required options are mentioned below:
- Select the Storage Policy type as Data Protection and Archiving and click Next.
- Enter the name in the Storage Policy Name box and click Next.
- From the Library list, click the name of a disk library to which the primary copy should be associated and then click Next.
Ensure that you select a library attached to a MediaAgent operating in the current release.
- From the MediaAgent list, click the name of a MediaAgent that will be used to create the primary copy and then click Next.
- For the device streams and the retention criteria information, click Next to accept default values.
- Review the details and click Finish to create the Storage Policy.