Basic Backup - SnapProtect for Microsoft Hyper-V
After configuring the virtualization client and a subclient, perform the following steps to run your first full backup of a single virtual machine immediately.
- From the CommCell Console, navigate to Client Computers | virtualization_client | Virtual Server | Hyper-V | backup_set.
Right-click the subclient and click Backup.
- On the Backup Options dialog, select Full as backup type and Immediate to run the job immediately.
- You can track the progress of the job while it is running from the Job Controller tab.
- After the backup job completes, you can view job details by right-clicking the subclient and selecting Backup History.
- On the Backup History Filter dialog, click OK.
- You can view the following details about the job by right-clicking the job:
- Items that failed during the job
- Items that succeeded during the job
- Details of the job
- Events of the job
- Log files of the job
- Media associated with the job
- Virtual machines
- VHD and VHDX files
- Snapshot files
- Configuration files for virtual machines
- Metadata required for granular recovery of files (NTFS and ext3 volumes only)
- Pass-through disks
- Windows Storage Spaces
- Hard links (only for disk-level backup)
- Virtual hard disks with sector size of 4k bytes.
- Virtual machine smart paging files
- Certain virtual machines in which Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) fails to create a shadow
- Devices residing in a guest virtual machine over iSCSI or vHBA
- Shared VHDX files