SnapProtect for VMware – EMC VNX / Celerra
|Overview||Deployment||Configuration||Automatic Discovery||Select Storage Array||Backup||Vault or Mirror Copy||Backup Copy||Restore|
- SnapSure Snap License
- Solutions Enabler Licensing
Install and configure the following on client and proxy computers:
- Solutions Enabler 6.5.1 or later, except Solutions Enabler 8.x
- Navisphere CLI
Setup the Array Information
The following section provides step-by-step instructions for setting up the array information.
- From the CommCell Browser, click the Storage tab and then click the Array Management icon.
- In the Array Management dialog box, click Add.
- Select EMC VNX / Celerra from the Snap Vendor list.
Specify the EMC data mover from which the NFS share to be protected is exported in the Name field.
Enter the Celerra control host in the Control Host field. The control host is the machine which is used to control all the Celerra data movers.
Click Change and enter the access information of a user with administrative privileges in the Username and Password fields in Enter User Name and Password dialog box.
User to be able to perform the following:
- Create/delete read-only and read-write snaps
- Perform NFS exports
Use the Description field to enter a description about the entity. This description can include information about the entity's content, cautionary notes, etc.
Click OK to save the information.