SnapProtect - Oracle ZFS - VMware
|Overview||Deployment||Configuration||Automatic Discovery||Select Storage Array||Backup||Vault or Mirror Copy||Backup Copy||Restore|
- Separate cloning license per controller or node
Oracle ZFS Engine supports both ZS3-2 and ZS3-4 with the minimum firmware versions required for these appliances.
For earlier versions of the Oracle ZFS, use versions:
- 2011.1.4.2, for environments not using VMware agents
- 2013.1.0.1, for environments using VMware agents
More information on updates can be found in the Oracle Wikis Home - Software Updates.
The proxy servers used to mount snapshots should also log on to the same target group as the servers hosting the source LUNs.
Setup the Array Information
The following section provides step-by-step instructions for setting up the array information.
- From the CommCell Browser, click the Storage tab and then click the Array Management icon.
- In the Array Management dialog box, click Add.
- Select Oracle ZFS Storage from the Snap Vendor list. The Array Properties dialog box appears.
In the Name field, specify the host name or IP address where administrative access to the ZFS Storage Appliance.
Click Change and enter the access information of a user with administrative privileges in the Username and Password fields in Enter User Name and Password dialog box.
Use the Description field to enter a description about the entity. This description can include information about the entity's content, cautionary notes, etc.
Click OK to save the information.