Prerequisites - VM Lifecycle Management
The following conditions must be met to use VM Lifecycle Management:
- To verify the version of VMware software that is required to support this feature, see System Requirements.
- A version of VMware Tools that is supported by the host must be installed on virtual machine templates (preferably the latest supported version)
- Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Linux (RedHat5) are supported
You must install the following components to set up VM Lifecycle Management:
- CommServe software with Operations Manager installed. For installation instructions, see Install the CommServe Software
- Virtual Server Agent. For installation instructions, see Deployment - Virtual Server Agent for VMware.
- Web Server and Web Console. For installation instructions see Setting up Web Access.