Configuration - Windows File System iDataAgent
|Overview||Deployment||Deployment - Microsoft Cluster||Deployment - Non-Microsoft Cluster||Configuration||Backup||Restore|
Creating a SubclientYou must create a Subclient to define the data that you want to backup.
Use the following steps to create a new Subclient.
- From the CommCell Console, navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | File System | defaultBackupSet.
Right-click the defaultBackupSet, point to All Tasks and click New Subclient.
Enter the name of the Subclient in the Subclient Name box.
- Click the Content tab.
Click the Browse button.
- Navigate through the list of folders and select the files and folders you want to backup.
The subclient content must contain data that resides on the storage device volume. Do not include local drives or UNC paths as subclient content.
- Click the Storage Device tab.
In the Storage Policy box, select a Storage Policy name.
- If you do not have Storage Policy created, follow the step given below to create a storage policy.
- Click Create Storage Policy.
- Follow the prompts displayed in the Storage Policy Wizard. The required options are mentioned below:
- Select the Storage Policy type as Data Protection and Archiving and click Next.
- Enter the name in the Storage Policy Name box and click Next.
- From the Library list, click the name of a disk library to which the primary copy should be associated and then click Next.
Ensure that you select a library attached to a MediaAgent operating in the current release.
- From the MediaAgent list, click the name of a MediaAgent that will be used to create the primary copy and then click Next.
- For the device streams and the retention criteria information, click Next to accept default values.
- Select Yes to enable deduplication for the primary copy.
- From the MediaAgent list, click the name of the MediaAgent that will be used to host the Deduplication database (DDB).
In the Location box, type the name of the folder in which the DDB must be located or click the Browse to select the folder, and then click Next.
- Review the details and click Finish to create the Storage Policy.
- In the Backup Schedule dialog box, click Do Not Schedule, and then click OK.