SnapProtect - Restore - Windows File System iDataAgent
Perform a Restore
As restoring your backup data is very crucial, it is recommended that you perform a restore operation immediately after your first full backup to understand the process.
- From the CommCell Console, navigate to Policies | Storage Policies.
Right-click the <Storage Policy> and click Properties.
Click the Copy Precedence tab.
By default, the snapshot copy is set to 1 and is used for the restore operation. You can also use a different copy for performing the operation. For the copy that you want to use, set the copy precedence as 1.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers| <Client> | File System | defaultBackupSet
Right-click the subclient and then click Browse and Restore.
- Click the Advanced Options tab.
Select the MediaAgent that was used during the storage policy creation from the Use MediaAgent drop-down list. This MediaAgent should be the one you installed along with the Windows FileSystem iDataAgent.
Click View Content.
- Expand the defaultBackupSet and navigate to the Windows folder.
For the first restore job, select any folder with a small data size.
Click Recover All Selected.
- Clear the Overwrite Files and Restore to same folder options.
Specify the destination path by clicking the Browse button.
This will ensure that the existing files are not overwritten.
- Click the Job Initiation tab.
Select Immediate to run the job immediately.
- You can monitor the progress of the restore job in the Job Controller window of the CommCell Console.
- Once the restore job is complete, right-click the defaultBackupSet , point to View, and then click Restore History.
- Click OK.
- You can right-click the job and view the following details:
- View Restore Items
You can view them as Successful, Failed, Skipped or All.
- View Job Details
- View Events of the restore job
- View Log files of the restore job
- View Restore Items
Congratulations - You have successfully completed your first backup and restore.
If you want to further explore this Agent's features read the Advanced sections of this documentation.