Configuring ACFS Snapshots as Subclient Content on Windows File System
You can configure ACFS Snapshots as your subclient content.
- Create a pre-process script to delete any existing ACFS snapshot and create a new snapshot. The script is a batch file and the content is as follows:
E:\oracle\grid\bin\acfsutil snap delete windows_acfs_snap E:\Oracle\ASM_DATA\ORADATA E:\oracle\grid\bin\acfsutil snap create windows_acfs_snap E:\Oracle\ASM_DATA\ORADATA
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | File System.
- Right-click the <defaultBackupset>, point to All Tasks and select New Subclient.
- On the General tab of the Creating New Subclient dialog box, type the name for the subclient in the Subclient Name box.
- On the Content tab of the Creating New Subclient dialog box, click Add Paths. Type the path to the new snapshot, and then click OK. For example, the path is "E:\Oracle\ASM_DATA\ORADATA\.ACFS\snaps\windows_acfs_snap".
- On the Pre/Post-Processing tab of the Creating New Subclient dialog box, type or select the path to the pre-processing script.
- On the Storage Device tab of the Creating New Subclient dialog box, select the storage policy name for the Data Storage Policy.
- Click OK.