Welcome to Our Redesigned Documentation Web Site
We have worked hard to update and improve this site to provide user information that is accurate and easily accessible. Find answers quickly, become familiar with our products, and start using them effectively. Some of the improvements include:
- Greatly improved search makes information easy to find
- Increased visibility of high-value content in the Table of Contents
- A multilevel, collapsible Table of Contents that sharpens the focus of content as you browse
- Optimized content for mobile devices and different Web browsers
- Updated and re-organized content
We are constantly updating and improving our documentation site and would enjoy hearing your feedback on the new site and any suggestions you have for us. Please use our Feedback button on any page to tell us how we’re doing!
Select the desired topic:
Access the latest revision of SnapProtect documentation by visiting our documentation web site at https://now.netapp.com/NOW/knowledge/docs/docs.cgi, or through the CommCell Console, as shown below:
The CommCell Console can also be configured to launch a copy of SnapProtect Documentation from an internal intranet site. This is useful when you do not have open connections to the internet.
Perform the following steps to set up SnapProtect Documentation from an intranet site:
- Using a computer that has access to the internet, download SnapProtect Documentation to the shared resource as described in Download SnapProtect Documentation.
- Set up the Documentation web site for offline access. See Setting Up the Documentation Web Site for Offline Access.
- Configure the CommCell Console to access SnapProtect Documentation from the intranet site. See Configuring CommCell Console to Access Offline Documentation for step-by-step instructions.
To obtain the latest revisions with updated content from the documentation web site, see Updating the Documentation Setup with New Content.
The text in SnapProtect Documentation observes the following conventions.
|Identifies computer output, window options, user keys, file/directory names and paths.|
|Courier New Bold||Identifies characters that should be typed as shown.|
|Courier New Italics||Identifies variable information.|
|NOTE, CAUTION and WARNING||Provides additional hints, shortcuts, or background information that the user should know before proceeding and is generally provided in Deployment and How To procedures.|
|Identifies a note, text containing special information, exceptions or unique conditions that affect the normal functioning of the product.|
|Identifies a caution message, containing information about events or situations that could result in damage to system software or data.|
|Identifies a warning message, containing information about events or situations that could result in damage to system software or data.|
CommCell Console Help is displayed when the Help button is clicked in any of the dialog boxes in the CommCell Console. In some cases this Help contains descriptions for options that are not displayed in the dialog box. This is because some of the options are specific to a component, Agent or feature and the Help provides a description of all the options that can be displayed by that dialog box. Thus all the options described in the Help might not be applicable to your environment.