Preinstallation Checklist for Compliance Search
The Compliance Search package is web application that enables users to search, collect, and deliver relevant electronically stored information (ESI) for compliance or electronic discovery (eDiscovery) requests. Compliance officers and legal teams can use Compliance Search to perform advanced queries on the content of emails, files, and other ESI across all of the storage repositories in your CommCell environment.
Use this preinstallation checklist to prepare the computer where Compliance Search will be installed and to gather all of the information you will need during the installation.
Verify System Requirements
Verify that the computer where you will install Compliance Search satisfies the minimum requirements. For more information, see System Requirements - Compliance Search.
Verify License Requirements
Based on the licensing mechanism used in your CommCell environment, verify that the CommCell has the required licenses to use Compliance Search. For more information, see License Requirements - Compliance Search.
Determine the Installation Location
Based on your environment, install Compliance Search on an appropriate computer with the following considerations in mind:
- A Web Server is required to provide users with access to the Compliance Search site. Therefore, we recommend installing the Compliance Search package together with the Web Server package, or on a computer where the Web Server package is already installed.
- If you require Compliance Search to be installed on a separate computer, you must install the Web Server in your CommCell environment before you can install Compliance Search.
- Compliance Search requires the content indexing feature provided by the Search Engine package. Therefore, you will not be able to search data in Compliance Search until you install a Search Engine and configure content indexing. For information about where to install the Search Engine package in combination with Compliance Search in your CommCell environment, see Recommendations for Deployment.
Gather Installation Data
Refer to the items in this section to gather the information that you will need during the installation. Record the information before you begin installing the software, so you can refer to it during the installation.
You can install the Compliance Search package using either the CommCell Console or the installation package created by the Download Manager.
- SnapProtect package to install
- Install the Compliance Search package, which is listed under the Server category.
If the File System Agent is not installed on the computer, the File System Core and File System packages are automatically installed with the package you selected. The File System Agent will not consume any license.
To gather the required information for the File System Agent, refer to the Gather Installation Data section in the Preinstallation Checklist for the Windows File System Agent.
- Client computer details
If the File System Agent, or another package, is already installed on the computer, you are not required to gather all the computer details again. The level of detail depends on how the package you selected is installed:
- For installations using the CommCell Console, the installation program requests only the name of the client computer.
- For installations using the installation package, the installation program reads the details from the previous installation.
- Web Server Client Name
- During installation, you are prompted to select a client with the Web Server package installed. If you are installing the Compliance Search and Web Server on the same computer, the installation computer name will be selected by default.