Preinstallation Checklist for the SAP Archive Link Agent on UNIX
The SAP Archive Link agent provides a versatile data repository solution that can be integrated with the SAP Archive software. For more information, see SAP Archive Link Agent Overview.
Use this preinstallation checklist to prepare the computer where the SAP Archive Link agent will be installed and to gather all of the information you will need during the installation.
Verify System Requirements
Verify that the computer where you will install the SAP Archive Link agent satisfies the minimum requirements. For more information, see System Requirements: SAP Archive Link Agent.
Verify License Requirements
Based on the licensing mechanism used in your CommCell environment, verify that the CommCell has the required licenses to use the SAP Archive Link agent. For more information, see License Requirements: SAP Archive Link Agent.
Determine the Installation Location
Based on your environment, install the SAP Archive Link agent on an appropriate computer.
Environment Where to install the software Non-Clustered On the computer where you want to archive the SAP data. Clustered On the physical computer.
Gather Installation Data
Refer to the items in this section to gather the information that you will need during the installation. Record the information before you begin installing the software, so you can refer to it during the installation.
You can install the SAP Archive Agent using the installation package created by the Download Manager. Any item that applies to only one of these installation methods is noted.
- SnapProtect package to install
Install the SAP Archive package.
Note:If the File System Agent is not installed on the computer, the software automatically installs the File System Core package with the package that you select. The File System Agent will not consume any license. If you want to use any of the file system advanced features (for example, optimized scan or 1-touch operations) to protect the file system data, select the File System package.
For more information on the package options and to gather the required information for the File System Agent, refer to the Gather Installation Data section in the Preinstallation Checklist for the UNIX, Linux, and Macintosh File System Agent.
- Client computer details
If the File System Agent, or another package, is already installed on the computer, you are not required to gather all the computer details again.
The installation program reads the details from the previous installation.
- UNIX Group and access permissions
If you did not assign a UNIX group during the installation of the File System agent, make sure to do the following during the installation:
- Assign the UNIX group that is used by the database application
- Include the database users into the group
You will be able to set the access permissions for the group. By default, read/write/execute permissions are granted to the UNIX group.
- Access permissions for the PostgreSQL database
- You must provide a password for the PostgreSQL Super User.
- PostgreSQL database port number
- By default, the PostgreSQL database uses port number 5432. If the port number is used by other applications, you must select another port number.
- Tomcat Web Service port number
- By default, the Tomcat Web Service uses port number 8080. If the port number is used by other applications, you must select another port number.
- Tomcat Web Service URL
- The installation program provides the default URL for the Tomcat web service. You can provide a different URL.