Preinstallation Checklist for the Search Engine
The Search Engine package is used to content index data, which enables users to retrieve documents and emails from archival storage using basic and advanced search queries. The Search Engine also provides search functionality to other SnapProtect software, such as Compliance Search and Web Console. For more information, see Search - Overview.
Use this preinstallation checklist to prepare the computer where the Search Engine will be installed and to gather all of the information you will need during the installation.
Verify System Requirements
Verify that the computer where you will install the Search Engine satisfies the minimum requirements. For more information, see System Requirements - Search Engine.
Verify License Requirements
Based on the licensing mechanism used in your CommCell environment, verify that the CommCell has the required licenses to use the Search Engine. For more information, see License Requirements - Search Engine.
Determine the Installation Location
Based on your environment, install the Search Engine on an appropriate computer with the following considerations in mind:
- The Search Engine package is typically installed to provide search functionality for other packages, such as Compliance Search. For information about where to install the Search Engine package in combination with other software packages, see Recommendations for Deployment.
Test IOPS of the Installation Location
It is recommended that you test the input/output operations per second (IOPS) of your installation location. The minimum IOPS that we recommend depends on your deployment scenario. For more information, see Testing IOPS of Search Engine Nodes with IOmeter.
Install Required Software to Content Index Exchange or Domino Mailbox Data
Note: For Exchange data, this method of content indexing applies to the classic agents only. If you use the Exchange Mailbox Agent, see Content Indexing Messages Using the Exchange Mailbox Agent.
If you are planning to use the Search Engine to content index Exchange or Domino Mailbox data, additional software must be installed and configured on the MediaAgent and Web Server computers. You may complete this requirement before or after you install the Search Engine package. For more information, see Content Indexing Exchange Data and Content Indexing Domino Mailbox Data.
Disable Anti-Virus Software
It is recommended that anti-virus software is not installed on the computer where the Search Engine package is to be installed. If anti-virus software must be installed as a business requirement, the Search Engine package directory and content indexing data directories must be excluded from real-time or scheduled scanning. See Excluding Folder for Anti-Virus Scanning.
Additional Packages Installed with the Search Engine
Use the following table to review the packages that are automatically selected during the Search Engine installation.
Packages Automatically Selected Notes Search Advanced Document Type Support Consumes a license. File System Core None File System Does not consume a license. MediaAgent Does not consume a license.
Gather Installation Data
Refer to the items in this section to gather the information that you will need during the installation. Record the information before you begin installing the software, so you can refer to it during the installation.
You can install the Search Engine using either the CommCell Console or the installation package created by the Download Manager.
- SnapProtect package to install
- Install the Search Engine package, which is listed under the Server category.
If the File System Agent is not installed on the computer, the File System Core and File System packages are automatically installed with the package you selected. The File System Agent will not consume any license.
To gather the required information for the File System Agent, refer to the Gather Installation Data section in the Preinstallation Checklist for the Windows File System Agent.
- Client computer details
If the File System Agent, or another package, is already installed on the computer, you are not required to gather all the computer details again. The level of detail depends on how the package you selected is installed:
- For installations using the CommCell Console, the installation program requests only the name of the client computer.
- For installations using the installation package, the installation program reads the details from the previous installation.
- Search Engine Data Path (Index Location)
- By default, the Search Engine index data is stored at: C:\Program Files\##_DOC_OEM_INSTALL_DESTINATION_COMPANY_FOLDER_##\SnapProtect\CVCIEngine\solr\CIIndex. If you want to change the location of the Search Engine data path, ensure the new path meets the system requirements.
- Search Engine Cloud Name
- During the installation, you have the option to install the package as a new Search Engine Cloud or as an additional node to an existing Search Engine Cloud. If you are installing the Search Engine package as an additional node, you must know the name of the existing Search Engine Cloud to which you want to add the new node.
- A single Search Engine Cloud can contain a maximum of four nodes. Any Search Engine Clouds that contain the maximum number of nodes will not be available to add additional nodes during installation.
- Base Port
- During the installation, you have the option to select a network port number to be used by the Search Engine. Ensure that you select a port number that is not in use by another service or application.