Installer: Firewall Configuration
Use this page in the wizard to configure firewall settings if the client and the CommServe computer are separated by a firewall.
There is Firewall between this machine and CommServe
Select this option if there is a firewall between the clients and the CommServe computer. This option enables the firewall configuration options, which represent the types of firewall connectivity settings.
- Client machines can open connection to CommServe on tunnel port
This option is selected by default. Select this option in the following scenarios:
- The clients reach the CommServe computer through a tunnel port (also referred to as One-Way Firewall, where the client connects to the CommServe).
- The clients and CommServe computer can reach each other using a tunnel port (also referred to as Two-Way Firewall).
- The clients reach the CommServe computer through a port forwarding gateway.
After selecting this option, in the CommServe HTTP/HTTPS tunnel port number box, enter the incoming port number that can be used to open tunnel connections to the CommServe computer.
- CommServe can open connection towards client machines
Select this option if the CommServe computer reaches the clients through a tunnel port. This firewall configuration is also referred to as One-Way Firewall, where the CommServe computer connects to the clients.
After selecting this option, in the Local HTTP/HTTPS tunnel port number box, enter the local port number that can be used by the CommServe computer to open tunnel connections towards the client.
- CommServe is reachable only through proxy
Select this option if the clients connect to the CommServe computer through a proxy.
After selecting this option, from the Proxy client name list, select the name of the proxy client.
For more information on firewall, see Firewall - Getting Started.