Creating User Groups to Install or Upgrade SnapProtect on a Macintosh Computer
Some Macintosh computers, depending on their environment settings, might require a dedicated user group with permissions to install the SnapProtect software. You can create a user group with the required permissions to install the software.
- From the Apple menu, click System Preferences .
- In the System Preferences window, click Users & Groups.
- To make changes to the user and group settings, click the lock icon to unlock it, then enter the administrator credentials.
- Below the list of users, click the + button to add a user group.
- In the new user dialog box, complete the following steps:
- From the New Account list, select Group.
- In the Full Name box, enter the name of the user group.
- Click Create Group.
- To save the changes you made, click the lock icon again.