Installing the CommCell Console
By default, the CommCell Console is installed as part of the CommServe installation. You can install additional consoles on other computers by using the CommCell Console or the installation package that was created from the Download Manager application.
Before You Begin
Prepare your environment by reviewing the following tasks:
- Review SnapProtect requirements and gather the information that you must provide during the installation. For more information, see the preinstallation checklist for the CommCell Console on Windows or UNIX.
- If you want to install the software in a different language, you can configure the installation program to list the supported language options. For more information, see Changing the Display Language of the SnapProtect Software on Windows Computers.
Choose the Installation Method
Use one of the following methods to install the software:
- Remote installations, where you use the CommCell Console that was installed on the CommServe computer to install additional consoles on other computers.
For instructions, see Installing SnapProtect Remotely Using the CommCell Console.
- Local installations, where you use the installation package to install the console locally on a computer.
What to Do Next
Review the postinstallation tasks that you might have to perform to complete the installation:
- Add SnapProtect to the Windows Firewall Exclusion List
If you did not add the SnapProtect programs and services to the Windows Firewall exclusion list during the installation, you can add them later by using a batch file. For more information, see Configuring Windows Firewall to Allow CommCell Communication.
- Complete Firewall Configurations
If the CommCell Console connects to the CommServe computer through a firewall, you must configure third-party port mapping (TPPM). For instructions, see Configuring Access to the CommCell Console Using TPPM.