Installing SnapProtect on Clients
Install agents and other SnapProtect software by using either the CommCell Console or the installation package that was created from the Download Manager application.
Before You Begin
- Prepare your environment for the installation as described in the following topics:
- Gather the information that you must provide during the installation as described in Preinstallation Checklist for Clients.
Choose the Installation Method
The most commonly used methods to install SnapProtect are the following:
- Remote installations, where you use the CommCell Console to install the software remotely on one or more computers.
For instructions, see Installing SnapProtect Remotely Using the CommCell Console.
If you have third-party applications installed in your clients (such as Oracle), you can configure the CommCell Console to automatically detect the application and install the required SnapProtect software. For instructions, see Installing SnapProtect By Enabling Automatic Detection of Applications Installed on Clients.
- Local installations, where you use the installation package to install the software locally on a computer.
For other installation methods using the installation package, see Installations Using the Installation Package.
What To Do Next
- Review the tasks that you must perform after the installation in Postinstallation Tasks for Clients.
- Refer to the Getting Started page of each agent that you installed to perform the required agent configurations.