Registering the Client Using the CommCell Console
When you install SnapProtect in decoupled mode, the client does not establish connections with the CommServe computer. You must register the client to complete the installation.
You can register the client by manually adding the client to the CommCell Console. In this registration method, the client is added as a File System client, regardless of the agents that were installed. That is because the File System Agent is a dependency for most agents.
Note: If you do not have access to the CommCell Console, a user with administrative rights in the CommCell must perform the registration for you.
Before You Begin
The SnapProtect software must be already installed on the client.
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, on the Tools tab, click New Client. Under the File System section, and based on the computer's operating system, click Windows or UNIX and Linux.
The New Windows Client (or New UNIX Client) dialog box is displayed.
- On the Configure Client page, perform the following steps:
- In the Host Name box, enter the fully qualified domain of the computer where you installed the SnapProtect software.
- Select the Fetch the configuration information from the client that is already installed in decoupled mode check box.
By default, the Connect to a client and get its configuration option is selected
- In the CVD port on client box, enter the CVD port that was provided during the installation. If the port was not requested during the installation, then it uses the default port number (8400).
- Click Next.
- On the Optional Data page, if you want to display the client with a different name in the CommCell Browser, select the Overrides the Client name check box, and in the Client Name box, enter a new name for the client. Click Next to continue.
- On the Summary page, review the information you provided, and then click Finish.
Once the registration process finishes, the client is listed under the Client Computers node of the CommCell Browser.