Changing the Branding Settings of a UNIX Installation Package
You can change the branding settings of the installation package that was created from the Download Manager. This is useful if you want to customize the SnapProtect software to display your company information.
Changing the branding settings is available only for the installation of new clients (first-time SnapProtect installations). This operation is not supported for service pack installations or installing additional SnapProtect software to an existing client
- Create the OEMInfo.xml file and enter the following content in the XML:
<BRAND_VENDOR>Commvault Systems, Inc.</BRAND_VENDOR>
<BRAND_SUPPORT_PHONE>US/CANADA (Toll Free) (877) 780-3077; INTERNATIONAL (732) 571-2160</BRAND_SUPPORT_PHONE>
- Update the necessary XML parameters listed in the following table.
Parameter Description BRAND_OI_NAME The name of the software to be installed. The software name may be the same as the product name. BRAND_OEM The edition name for your software. BRAND_PRODUCT The name of your company product.
The product name is also used as the name of the installation wizard. This is the name you will see on the welcome page of the wizard.
BRAND_VENDOR The name of your company. BRAND_SUPPORT_URL The URL to the customer support page of your company website. BRAND_SUPPORT_EMAIL The email address for general support inquiries. BRAND_SUPPORT_PHONE The phone number for general support inquiries. You can specify more than one phone number. For example, phone numbers for domestic and international calls. BRAND_INSSUBDIR The name of the subdirectory where the software must be installed.
The SnapProtect software is installed in a subdirectory under the opt directory. For example, /opt/subdirname.
BRAND_SSCRIPT The name for a UNIX command to check and manage SnapProtect processes. BRAND_GALGROUP The name of the UNIX group name that you want to use during the installation.
- Save and close the OEMInfo.xml file.
- Copy the XML file to the appropriate location based on type of installation method that you plan to use:
- If you plan to install the software locally by using the installation package, copy the file to the root directory of the package. In this directory, you will also find other scripts, such as cvpkgadd and detect.
- If you plan to install the software remotely by using the CommCell Console, copy the file to the CommServe computer, and then place the file in the following UNIX folder within the CommServe cache path: CommServe_cache_directory\CVMedia\11.0.0\Unix.
For example, if the CommServe cache is located in the installation directory, then copy the fie to software_installation_directory\SoftwareCache\CVMedia\11.0.0\Unix.
Future installations from the package will use the new brand name.
Note: During client upgrades, the installation program will use the default branding information, except for the XML parameters BRAND_INSSUBDIR, BRAND_SSCRIPT, and BRAND_GALGROUP, which retain the value that was set during the client installation.