Configure Download Settings in the CommCell ConsoleBy default, when you download the SnapProtect software by using the CommCell Console, the software is downloaded from the SnapProtect FTP site to the CommServe cache directory.
If you need to adjust the default download settings, refer to the following configurations:
- Configure the download options based on the Internet connectivity of your CommServe
- If the CommServe computer has Internet connectivity but has restrictions on incoming or outgoing communications, you can configure an HTTP proxy to connect to the SnapProtect FTP site. For instructions, see Configuring the CommCell Console to Download Software Using HTTP Proxy.
- If you want to download the software from your own FTP site, you can configure your FTP site to retrieve the software from the SnapProtect FTP site. For instructions, see Changing the FTP Site Used to Download Software.
- Configure downloads to use a different network protocol
By default, download operations use the HTTPS protocol. If you want to use a different network protocol, see Changing the Network Protocol Used for Downloading Software from the CommCell Console.
- Skip the download for deconfigured clients
If you do not want to download packages and updates for deconfigured clients, you can configure an additional setting on the CommServe computer. For instructions, see Skipping the Download of Software for Deconfigured Clients.