Configuring the CommCell Console to Download Software Using HTTP Proxy
By default, when you download the SnapProtect software by using the CommCell Console, the software is downloaded from the SnapProtect FTP site to the CommServe cache directory.
If the CommServe computer has Internet connectivity but with restrictions on incoming or outgoing communications, you can configure an HTTP proxy to connect to the SnapProtect FTP site. When you perform a download operation, the HTTP proxy retrieves the software from the FTP site, and then transfers the software to the CommServe cache.
Before You Begin
Make sure that the HTTP proxy has open connections to the following SnapProtect software repositories:
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, on the Home tab, click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, under Maintenance, click Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options dialog box, on the HTTP Proxy tab, select the Use HTTP Proxy Server check box and provide the following details:
- In the Proxy Server box, type the hostname of HTTP proxy server.
- In the Proxy Port box, type the port to be used by the HTTP proxy server. By default, the port is 1025.
- Select the Use Authentication check box and specify a user account that can access the HTTP proxy site.
- Click OK.
The next time you download the software, the download operation will use the HTTP proxy server that you configured.