Configure Packages to Sync
Use this dialog box to determine whether the remote cache should retrieve all packages or specific packages from the CommServe cache.
- Sync Packages
- Enables the remote cache to synchronize its contents with the CommServe cache. If you clear this option, all the packages in the remote cache are deleted during the next synchronization job.
- All Packages
- Select this option to allow the remote cache to fully synchronize with the CommServe cache contents. The remote cache will retrieve all the software that resides in the CommServe cache.
- Customize Packages
Select this option to allow the remote cache to synchronize only specific software packages. By default, this option automatically synchronizes the following:
- Updates required for all the associated clients.
- Packages required to upgrade associated clients from older SnapProtect versions.
Example: The following table displays the packages and updates that the remote cache will retrieve based on the software version of the associated clients.
Associated Clients Packages and Updates Added to the Remote Cache v11 AIX Client with File System Agent v11 Updates required for the AIX File System v11 Windows x64 Client with File System Agent v11 Updates required for the Windows x64 File System v10 HP-UX Client with File System Agent and MediaAgent v10 Updates + v11 Updates + v11 HP-UX File System Agent package + v11 MediaAgent package
You can also configure the remote cache to synchronize additional packages for specific operating systems. Select the operating system from the Select OS list, and from the adjacent drop-down list, select the packages. If needed, click + to specify more packages for another operating system.
- View Packages in Cache
- Click to see the software packages that are available in the remote cache.