Copy Software Options (General)
Use this dialog box to copy the SnapProtect software to the CommServe cache. This operation is useful if you downloaded the software from the Cloud Services website or from the Download Manager application. When you make the software available in the CommServe cache, CommCell users can install the software on their computers by using the CommCell Console.
Review the following considerations:
- If you downloaded the software from the Download Manager, the download bundles an installation package. Consider the following requirements:
- The installation package must contain all the SnapProtect software. The copy operation does not support packages that include only selected software.
- If you downloaded the software for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows computers, the installation package groups the software files into two subdirectories: one for 32-bit and another for 64-bit. You must copy each subdirectory individually.
- If the CommServe cache already has the SnapProtect software, the copy operation will replace old software files with new ones.
- The CommServe cache directory only supports packages from the current SnapProtect version. If you have packages from older versions, do not copy them.
- Copy Software From Location
- Specify the path to the directory where the SnapProtect software is located. Click Browse to locate the directory. UNC paths are supported.
- Impersonate User
- If the path specified in Copy Software From Location is located in a network share, click User Name/Password to specify a user account with sufficient permissions to access the share.
Click to open the Save As Script dialog, which allows you to save this operation and the selected options as a script file (in XML format). The script can later be executed from the Command Line Interface using qoperation execute command.
When you save an operation as a script, each option in the dialog will have a corresponding XML parameter in the script file. When executing the script, you can modify the value for any of these XML parameters as per need.