Upgrading Server Packages Using the Database Upgrade Tool
You can use the Database Upgrade tool to upgrade the CommServe and Web Server (DM2) databases to the latest SnapProtect version.
This procedure is intended for users who need to upgrade the CommServe or Web Server as part of the hardware refresh process. You must run the tool after the database is restored on the new hardware.
Before You Begin
- The latest version of the server package (CommServe or Web Server) must be already installed. The Database Upgrade tool is available with the server package that you installed.
- Download latest service pack files to a directory in the computer where the tool was installed. For instructions, see Downloading Installation Media.
You will need to provide the location of the directory when performing the database upgrade.
- On the computer where you installed the server package, go to the Software_Installation_Path\Base folder.
- Double-click DBUpgradeUI.exe.
The DBUpgrade User Interface wizard opens.
- From the Product Type list, select one of the following and then click Next.
- To upgrade the CommServe database, select CommServer.
- To upgrade the Web Server database, select DM2.
Note: The Run full database maintenance during the post upgrade option is used to run the database maintenance tasks during the post-upgrade operation on the CommServe database. This option is selected by default.
- In the Host Name list, the CommServe hostname is automatically selected. Click Next to continue.
- In the Database Information area, the SQL server database information is automatically provided. Click Next to continue.
- Complete the following steps:
- In the Path to backup Database box, click the [...] button and select a directory for the backup of the database dump file.
- In the DBUpgrade Log Location box, click the [...] button to locate the directory for logs.
- By default, to perform the database upgrade, the Standard option is automatically selected.
- If the database is in an unstable state, select Repair to resolve the database errors as part of the upgrade process.
- If the database upgrade failed and you are retrying the upgrade, select Resume to continue with the upgrade from the point of failure.
- Click Next.
- Click Upgrade.
- After the database is successfully upgraded, click Close.
Note: If the upgrade fails, repeat the steps, and when you reach Step 6, select Resume. If the upgrade continues to fail, contact Customer Support.