Generating the Preupgrade Readiness Report
Applies to: Upgrades from V9 to V11
If your CommServe computer is registered with the Cloud Services website, or if you plan to register it, we highly recommend that you generate the Preupgrade Readiness Report to fix any issues before you send the upgrade request.
The report helps you determine whether your CommCell environment is ready to be upgraded to V11. When you generate the report, preupgrade checks run on your CommServe database and indicate whether you must perform any corrective action. The report is available at the Cloud Services website.
For upgrades from V10 to V11, the report is automatically generated when you request an upgrade.
V9 Service pack 14 or later must be installed on the CommServe computer.
- The CommServe computer must be registered with the Cloud Services website.
If you have a Cloud Services account, the CommServe is already registered. If not registered, see Registering a Version 9 CommServe Computer.
Tip: After the registration, if you do not receive the confirmation email within one hour, see No E-mail Received after CommCell Registration or Upgrade Check. If the issue persists, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the preupgrade checks to run successfully, the CommServe computer must have access to the https://edc.commvault.com/downloads/SQLScripts/ website.
- If the CommServe computer has no Internet connectivity, use a client computer with Internet access as a gateway. To configure a client as the Internet gateway, see Using an Internet Gateway Computer for Metrics Reporting.
- If the CommServe computer is behind a firewall, open access to port 443 for https://edc.commvault.com/downloads/SQLScripts/.
- Generate the report.
- From the CommCell Console toolbar, click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, double-click Diagnostics and Usage.
- In the Diagnostics and Usage dialog box, select the CommCell Diagnostics and Usage check box, and then select the Upgrade Readiness check box to collect information for the Preupgrade Readiness Report.
- Click Run Now to generate the Preupgrade Readiness Report. The report becomes available in the Cloud Services Web site.
- Access the report.
- In your Web browser, go to https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/survey/reports/monitoringform.jsp.
- Log on to the Cloud Services site by using the credentials provided in the registration email.
- On the Reports page, locate the CommCell Name column and click the name of your CommServe computer.
The report's dashboard page is displayed.
- At the top of the dashboard page, click the Reports tab.
- Under the Cloud section, click Pre Upgrade Readiness.
The Preupgrade Readiness Report is displayed.
The report includes the status of each preupgrade check so that you can identify and then address any issues that might cause the upgrade to fail. For example, some of the preupgrade check results included in the report are:
- Clients that are older than two releases
- Clients with duplicate names or hostnames