Use the Agent Properties (General) tab to obtain or provide general and/or user account information for the agent. Note that all the options described in this help may not be available and only the options displayed in the dialog box are applicable to the agent for which the information is being displayed.
Client (Computer, Name)
Displays the name of the client computer or application server.
Displays the identity of the agent that is installed on the client computer or application server.
Displays the date on which the agent was installed or upgraded on the client computer or application server.
Auto Discover Instances
If selected during installation, this option will also be selected at the Agent level after the install is complete. When selected, instances are automatically discovered every 24 hours; or whenever the Communications Service (GxCVD) service is restarted. The default every 24 hours timing can be overridden with the nAutoDiscoverSQLInstanceTimeout additional setting.
For Express installations, an option does not appear during installation but instances are automatically discovered. By default, this option is automatically selected at the Agent level.
Enable Instance Discovery
When selected, instances are automatically discovered every 168 hours (one week) by default or whenever the Communications Service (GxCVD) service is restarted. The default 168 hour (one week) timing can be overridden with the nORACLEINSTANCEDISCOVERYINTERVAL registry key.
Stub Recovery Parameters
Specifies whether to enable recall throttling for stub recovery jobs. Selecting this option will allow you to control the number of stub recovery jobs that can be run based on the limits set below. When these options are disabled in the CommCell Console, the system will apply any legacy registry key settings corresponding to these options, where applicable.
It is recommended not to recall more stubs than the limit specified under the Maximum Stub Recovery for Celerra Proxy as it does not detect failure and the data is lost.
- Maximum Stub Recovery
Use this space to specify the upper limit for the number of stubs to be recovered for this agent.
- Time between recall to count as successive in seconds
Use this space to specify the number of seconds for a recall to be considered as successive.
- Time to wait after maximum successive recalls limit is reached in seconds
Use this space to specify the number of seconds that this agent must wait before additional stub recovery jobs can begin after the upper limit has been reached.
Erase Archive Data when Stub is Deleted
In the text box, specify the path where deleted stubs will be monitored for deletion when an Erase Data job is run. This could be the entire machine (indicated by a \), a particular drive (C:\), a particular folder (C:\deleted_data), or a UNC path (\\filer\directory). Multiple locations could also be specified, separated by the ; delimiter.
- The path that is configured here will be applicable for all instances of the File Archiver for Windows Agent.
- For Local File System instances, a folder can be created to contain the stubs to be hard-deleted (SHIFT_DELETE). This folder would then be part of the path that is specified (for example, C:\deleted_data). This would alleviate specifying entire volumes. From the volumes, you can then move the stubs (cut+paste) to the specified deletion folder.
- For Celerra and FPolicy instances, a folder cannot be created to contain the stubs to be deleted. You can instead restrict the deletion to certain folders by specifying a subclient path or a path that is a parent to the subclient path.
- The path that is configured here is only used when an Erase Data job is run.
- If you delete stubs within the path that is specified and the subclient that includes the path is deleted, the data will not be erased.
- For FPolicy instances, the user must either specify "\" or a specific deletion folder path. If the intended deletion folder path is \\<filer_name>\<volume_name>\<folder_name>, the deletion folder specification needs to be:
\\<fully_qualified_filer_name>\ONTAP_ADMIN$\vol\<volume_name>\<folder_name>;\\<short_filer_ name>\ONTAP_ADMIN$\vol\<volume_name>\<folder_name>. Otherwise, the data will not be erased.
- For local data archived by a Local File System instance, the stubs must be permanently deleted with a hard-delete (SHIFT+DELETE). Stubs that are removed with a soft-delete (DELETE or right-click and DELETE) will not be erased.
Click to access the NDMP Server Properties screen.
NDMP Restore Enabled
Specifies whether the NDMP Restore Enabler was installed with the iDataAgent.
- YES indicates that the enabler is installed and the client is an available destination for the restore of data from a Network Attached Storage (NAS) client.
- NO indicates that the enabler is not installed and the client is not an available destination for the restore of data from a NAS client.
QSnap Maximum Cache Size (in MB)
Specifies the maximum cache size for QSnap. See Books Online for more information on QSnap, before changing the maximum cache size.
QSnap Minimum Cache Size (in MB)
Specifies the minimum cache size for QSnap. See the Books Online for more information on QSnap, before changing the minimum cache size.
Displays the user account used by the system to log in to or access the (tree of the) server during various jobs (including backups, browses, and restores). For NAS NDMP, displays the NDMP account used by the system to connect to the NAS data server.
Administrative Group Account
Displays the SharePoint Administrator Account that has required rights to create and modify SharePoint databases. This account will be used for data protection and recovery operations.
Displays the SSO Administrator account for the single sign-on service on this SharePoint Server.
Click to specify a different account as the User Account.
SharePoint Server Name
Displays the name of the SharePoint Server that is installed on the client computer. You can use this space to modify this server name if the name displayed is incorrect (e.g., not the same as the Client name or Host name).
Index Backup/Restore path
The UNC path for a shared network folder to temporarily store the site index during backup and restore. There should be enough space available on the share for the index to be temporarily stored.
For a SharePoint All-in-One Server, the Index path must be local, not a UNC path.
If topology manager is locked during backup/restore, force its release
Specifies whether the system should release the lock for the topology manager and therefore allow jobs to complete without interruption. This option is selected by default for new installations.
SQL Databases hosted on a remote SQL Server
Specifies whether the SharePoint Server is part of a SharePoint Server Farm and whether the SQL Databases are hosted on a remote SQL Server. If selected, the SQL Databases must be backed up using the SQL Server iDataAgent.
Authenticate Active Directory Domain Controller
Specifies whether to use or change the user account to authenticate against the Active Directory domain controller to look up group membership for the specified user (per the following fields)
Use this space to enter the domain name for this user.
Use this space to enter the name of the user for the account discussed for the preceding field.
For CDR, displays the user account to be used for the creation of ONTAP snapshots.
Use this space to enter the password for this user.
Retype the password.Description
Use this field to enter a description about the entity. This description can include information about the entity's content, cautionary notes, etc.
Enable Offline Mining
Select this option to enable browse and restore of offline data.
Enable Office Communication Server Backup
Select this option to enable OCS backup feature for a client with Windows File System iDataAgent. This feature provides the ability to perform data protection operations for data associated with the Office Communications Server.
Enable for Archiving
Select this option to enable archiving for the agent. Once selected a license will be consumed.
Use Archiver Driver
Select this option if there are third party applications on your computer that may be accessing the stubbed files. As the Archiver driver is required to read the stubbed files.