Properties of Oracle RAC Instance (Storage Device)
Use this dialog box to manage the Oracle RAC Instance properties.
When you create a new instance, use this tab to add the details of the instance.
For an existing instance, use this tab to view or change the storage policy used to back up data via the command line for the selected instance, select a storage policy for backing up logs on the selected instance, select a data transfer options for the selected instance or view or establish the options for Deduplication on the subclient.
Command Line Backup
- Storage Policy used for user command backup of data
- When you create a new instance, specify the storage policy used for command line backups and restores
- For an existing instance, you can use this space to select another storage policy. A changed storage policy will apply only to new command line backup jobs (i.e., those command line backup jobs that you subsequently start).
- Storage Policy used for all Archive Log backups
- When you create a new instance, specify the storage policy used by the subclients in this instance to back up archive log files.
- For an existing instance, you can use this space to select another storage policy.
Data Transfer Option
- Software Compression
Select the software compression to be used for "Command Line Backup" in case hardware compression is not available or not selected on the destination storage policy copy.
- On Client
Use the client's software compression functionality.
- On MediaAgent
Use the MediaAgent's software compression functionality.
- Use Storage Policy Settings
Click to use the settings enabled on deduplicated storage policy copy.
This option applies when the subclient is associated with a storage policy copy that is deduplicated. See Copy Properties (Deduplication) - Advanced tab for compression settings on deduplicated storage policy copy.
Do not use software compression.
Note that hardware compression has priority over the software compression. Hardware compression is established in the Data Path Properties dialog box. The above software compression option will take effect when the data path is associated with a disk library, or when hardware compression is disabled in the data path associated with tape libraries.
For non-deduplicated storage policy copy, select On Client or On MediaAgent options to turn on compression, depending upon your environment.
- Network Agents
Specify the number of processes (1-4) that the client uses to transfer data. Improvement in performance is resource dependent.
- Throttle Network Bandwidth (MB/HR)
Specify the number of processors from available options.
Use this tab to establish the options for deduplication on the subclient.
Specifies whether deduplication for the subclient is enabled or disabled, and if enabled whether the signature generation (a component of deduplication) is performed on the client or MediaAgent computer.
Note that deduplication is supported on disk storage devices. So the deduplication options are applicable only if the subclient is associated with a Storage Policy containing disk storage.
Click to enable signature generation on the client computer.
Click to enable signature generation on the MediaAgent computer.