Preventing Job History for Disabled Activities
You can add the JMDontStartBkpsOnDisabledAgents additional setting to prevent job history from being created for disabled activities. Without this additional setting, job history is created for disabled activities even though the job does not run.
Example: The Enable Backup check box on the Activity Control tab is cleared at the client level. If the JMDontStartBkpsOnDisabledAgents additional setting is enabled, a "Failed to Start" job does not appear in the job history for the client after the backup job runs.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click CommServe and then click Properties.
- In the CommCell Properties dialog box, click the Additional Settings tab and then click Add.
- In the Add Additional Settings dialog box, enter the details for the additional setting:
- In the Name box, type JMDontStartBkpsOnDisabledAgents.
- In Category box, select CommservDB.GxGlobalParam.
- In the Type box, select INTEGER.
- In Value box, select 1 to enable the additional setting.
- Click OK.
- In the CommCell Properties dialog box, click OK.