Alerts and Notifications - Exporting or Importing an Alert Rule
Before You Begin
To see the Alert Rule button in the Alerts dialog box, users must have a security association that includes the Administrative Management permission at the CommServe level. For information on security associations, see Security Association Overview.
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, click the Home tab, and then click Alert.
- In the Alerts dialog box, click Alert Rule.
- Export an alert rule as an XML file:
- In the Alert Rules dialog box, select the rule.
- Click Export.
- Optional: Click Browse to change the location where the alert rule will be saved.
- Import an alert rule:
- In the Alert Rules dialog box, click Import.
- Navigate to the location where the alert rule file is saved.
- Click Open.
The selected file is displayed in the Import Alert Rules dialog box.
- Click Import to import the rule.
- Click Close.
You can create an alert based on this imported rule.