Adding Alert Tokens to Alert Notifications
An alert token is a placeholder that can be added to an alert notification so that the notification message includes the data the token represents. For example, if <CLIENT LIST> is added to an alert notification, after the notification is generated, the message will include a list of clients.
The type of alert and the type of notification determine the tokens that are available. For more information, see Tokens by Alert Type and Notification Type.
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, on the Home tab, click Alerts.
- In the Alerts dialog box, select the alert and click Edit.
- From the Modify Alert Wizard dialog box, select Notification Type(s) Selection in the left pane.
- From the token box, select the token you want to add to the alert notification, and then click Add Token.
For descriptions of the tokens, see Available Alert Tokens.
Note: For Workflow notifications, tokens can be selected from the list in the Value field of the workflow input parameter table displayed after a workflow is selected. You can select any of the available tokens for each input parameter.
- Repeat step 4 until all of the tokens are added.
- Click Finish.