Configuring Auxiliary Copy Fallen Behind Alert
This alert notifies the user when the system predicts that the auxiliary copy operation meets one or more of the following criteria:
- The data to be copied is over the configured size limit.
- A backup job is not copied for more than the specified number of days.
- The auxiliary copy operation exceeds the number of hours specified for completion.
Before You Begin
Ensure that alerts are configured for auxiliary copy operation. See Generating Alert for An Auxiliary Copy Operation for instructions.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies > Storage Policies > storage_policy.
- Right-click the appropriate storage policy copy, and then click Properties.
- Click the Auxiliary Copy Fallen Behind tab.
- The Enable Auxiliary Copy fallen behind alert check box is selected by default. If not, select the check box.
- The To be copied data is over check box is selected by default and the threshold of data size is set to 25TB by default. You can configure a different size limit.
If the data to be copied exceeds the specified threshold, you will receive an alert. Also, a warning icon appears for the storage policy and the storage policy copy.
- Select the Jobs are not copied over check box, and specify the threshold for number of days.
If a backup job is not copied for more than specified number of days, an alert will be triggered.
- Select the More than n Hour(s) required to copy all data check box, and then specify the number of hours.
If the system predicts that the auxiliary copy operation will exceed the number of hours specified, an alert will be triggered.
- Click OK.