Creating Schedule Policies for Auxiliary Copies
Schedule Policy for Auxiliary Copies provide scheduling templates for auxiliary copy operations in a CommCell. This type of policy is useful when there are many storage policies within a CommCell that require the same schedules for auxiliary copy operations.
If you associate a schedule policy with a storage policy, all copies including any future copies will use the same auxiliary copy schedule.
Before You Begin
You must have appropriate permissions to create a schedule policy. For information on permissions, see User Security Permissions and Permitted Actions by Feature: Schedule Policy.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Policies.
- Right-click Schedule Policies and click New Schedule Policy.
- Type a name for the schedule policy in the Name box.
- From the Type list, select Auxiliary Copy.
- Type an appropriate description in the Description box.
- Click Add.
- Type a name in the Schedule Name box and select the appropriate scheduling options.
- From the <Schedule Policy Type> Options dialog box, click the General tab and select the auxiliary copy options that apply to your environment.
Note: You can create schedule patterns in a Schedule policy. Automatic auxiliary copy schedules cannot be added to a schedule policy. Use either the Automatic Schedules for Auxiliary Copies or System Created Automatic Auxiliary Copy Schedule Policy to create automatic schedules for auxiliary copies.
- Click OK.
- From the New Schedule Policy dialog box, click the Associations tab.
- Select the storage policies (primary or auxiliary copy) to associate with the schedule policy.
- Click OK.