Deconfiguring CXBF Devices using Volume Explorer
Use the following procedure to deconfigure CXBF devices using Volume Explorer.
Before You Begin
- If a CXBF device on AIX was configured using Volume Explorer (where the CXBF device was added to /etc/filesystems), be sure to mount the CXBF device before you deconfigure it. If an unmounted CXBF device on AIX is deconfigured using Volume Explorer, the /etc/filesystems system file will be out of sync with the actual file system configuration.
If the /etc/filesystems file and the actual file system configuration get out of sync, a manual edit of the /etc/filesystems file is required to correct the inconsistency. Remove the CXBF entry and uncomment the original entry by removing "*Galaxy" from the beginning of each line.
- If you encounter errors while configuring or deconfiguring CXBF devices on the client, refer to cvd.log on the client for more information about the error.
- On the toolbar in the CommCell Console, click Control Panel.
- Click Storage > Volume Explorer.
The Volume Explorer dialog box appears.
- Select the host connected to the volume you want to configure.
- Right-click the volume and select Deconfigure cxbf device.
- Click OK.