Configuring Multiple Streams for Synthetic Full BackupsBy default, synthetic full backups use single streams to transfer data. However, you can change the default behavior and configure multiple streams for synthetic full backups. You can define the number of streams or use the maximum number of streams used in any job in the backup cycle.
You can also create a schedule policy for synthetic full backups with multiple streams. For more information, see Creating a Schedule Policy for Synthetic Full Backups with Multiple Streams.
Configuring multiple streams for synthetic full backups is currently supported on File System with Indexing Version 2. For more information on Indexing Version 2, see Indexing Version 2: Overview.
Follow the steps to configure multiple streaming for synthetic full backups for the File System clients:
- From the CommCell Console, select the appropriate entity:
- For Client Computers: go to Client Computer > client > File System > BackupSet, right click the subclient > Backup.
- For Client Computer Groups: go to Client Computer Groups > File System client > BackupSet, right click the subclient > Backup.
- In the Backup Options window, under Select Backup Type, select Synthetic Full.
- Click Advanced.
- On the Data tab, select the Use Multiple Streams check box.
- If you want to define the number of streams, then select the Number of Streams option and enter the number.
- If you want to use the default setting of using the maximum number of streams, then select the Allow Maximum option. The number of streams used for synthetic full backup is equal to the maximum number of streams used in any job in the backup cycle.
- Click OK to close the Advanced Backup Options dialog box.
- Click OK to start the Synthetic Full backup.