Export Metadata from the Source CommCell
When performing CommCell Migration, you need to export the metadata associated with the source CommCell.
The export operation is performed on the source CommCell, that allows you to select entities that you want to export from a source CommCell to the specified export location.
Before You Begin
- By default, CommCell Migration is disabled for V11 installs. For instructions, see Enabling CommCell Migration on a CommServe.
- If you want to migrate a client that has Virtual Server Agent installed, see CommCell Migration for Clients with Virtual Server Agent.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the source_CommServe, click All Tasks > CommCell Migration > Export To Folder.
- Click Use Network to export the metadata files on network location.
Default: Use Local is selected to export location in the local path.
- In the Export Folder box, specify the network path.
- Click User Name/Password to enter the user account information in the Change User Account dialog box for accessing the network path.
- Under Select Associations, select the entities such as clients, subclient policies and so on, for migration.
- To configure export options, click Advanced.
Select Export Options dialog box appears.
For information on configuring the export options, see Select Export Options (Export Options).
- Click OK to close the Select Export Options dialog box.
- Click OK to export metadata. You can track the progress of the job from the Job Controller window of the CommCell console.