Modifying Additional Settings for Multiple Clients Using the Command Line Interface
Use the following steps to modify (add, edit, or delete) the additional setting details for one or more clients.
- Download the additional_settings.xml file and save it on the computer from where the command will be executed.
- Open the .xml file and provide the respective values for the XML parameters listed in the table below.
- The additional setting is added if it does not exist and the registryKeys/deleted parameter is set to 0.
- The additional setting is updated if it does exist and the registryKeys/deleted parameter is set to 0.
- Run the qlogin command to log on to the CommServe computer.
- Execute the following command after updating the XML file:
qoperation execute -af additional_settings.xml
- You can verify the changes that you performed on the clients using the steps below:
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the client and then click Properties.
- Click Advanced.
- Click the Additional Settings tab. The changes should be displayed.
The following table displays the XML parameters that need to be provided before running the qoperation command:
|Parameter||Description of Parameter Values|
|clientName||Name of the client computers for which you want to add, modify or delete an additional setting.|
|keyName||Name of the additional setting.|
|type||Type of the additional setting. Valid values are:
|value||Value of the additional setting. Depending on type, the value could be numerical, a numeric range, or character string.|
|relativepath||The relative location of the additional setting in the instance. For example, if the additional setting is created on the CommServe, then the relative path will be CommServe.|
|registryKeys/deleted||Option to remove the additional setting. Valid values are:
|registryKeys/enabled||Option to enable the additional setting. Valid values are: