Releasing a License on a Client Using the Command Line Interface
You can release a license on a client.
- Download the release_client_license_template.xml file and save it on the computer from where the command will be executed.
- Open the XML file and update the parameters as needed using the table below as reference.
Parameter Description Element clientName The name of the client. clientEntity hostName The long name of the client, for example, client.domain.company.com. clientEntity
- Save the changes to the XML file.
- From the command line, go to software_installation_directory/Base and type the following command:
qlogin -cs commserve_host_name -u user_name
- From software_installation_directory/Base type the following command:
qoperation execute -af xml_path\release_client_license_template.xml
If the XML file is saved in the software_installation_directory/Base directory, the file path (xml_path in the example above) does not need to be included on the command line.