Changing the Creator of a Smart Client Computer Group
You can change the creator of a smart client computer group to another user or a user group.
To see a list of client computer groups and their creators, from the CommCell Browser, click the Client Computer Groups node.
About This Task
The creator of the smart client computer group must have the following permissions:
- The Agent Management permission on the client computers that will be automatically added to the smart client computer group.
If the creator does not have permission on a client, the client is not added to the smart client group even if it meets the criteria defined in the rules. If you create a client group but you do not have the correct permissions, you can assign another user or a user group to be the creator. If you assign a user as the creator, you must enter the user's password.
- The Change security settings permission is required to add clients to a client group when associations are listed on the Security tab.
Best Practice: Assign a user group as the creator of the client group. Because the required permissions are at the user group level, the client group is not affected if an individual user is deleted or has permissions removed.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the client_computer_group, and then click Properties.
The Client Group dialog box appears. The current creator is displayed in the Create As box.
- To the right of the Create As box, click Change.
The Create As dialog box appears.
- Click the user or user group with the correct permissions and click OK.
- If you chose a user as the creator, in the Enter Password dialog box, enter the user's password.
- Click OK.
Clients are added to the client computer group based on the permissions of the user or user group you chose.