Registering a v9 CommServe Computer Through the CommCell Console
By registering your CommServe computer, you will obtain an account to access the Cloud Services Web site. Follow the steps applicable to the CommServe version running on your environment.
About This Task
- Registration is mandatory even if you already have an account with the Maintenance Advantage Web site.
- The Cloud Services and the Maintenance Advantage Web sites have separate registrations.
Warning: Do not register a Disaster Recovery (DR) CommServe computer with the Cloud Services website. Because the DR CommServe computer shares a CommCell ID with the production CommServe computer, the Cloud Services website perceives the second CommServe registration as a duplicate and the registration fails.
- From the CommCell Console toolbar, click Control Panel.
- On the Control Panel window, double-click Diagnostics and Usage.
- On the Diagnostics and Usage dialog box, click the Registration Information tab and complete the following steps:
- In the CommCell Name box, enter the name of the CommServe computer as it appears in the CommCell Browser.
- In the Company Name box, enter the name of your organization.
- In the Phone Number box, enter the contact number for your organization.
- In the Address box, enter the physical address for your organization.
- In the Email Address box, enter your e-mail address. This email address will become the user name for your Cloud Services account.
- In the Description box, enter a short description of your organization.
- Click OK.
After you enter your information, a confirmation email is sent with your Cloud Services account details. If you do not receive a confirmation email within a reasonable period, send an email, including the CommServe ID for the CommServe computer that you are trying to register, to CloudServices@commvault.com.