Registering a CommServe Computer Through the Cloud Services Website
If you do not already have a Cloud Services account, then you must create one and associate your CommServe computer with your new account.
About This Task
- You can register only v10 or v11 CommServe computers through the Cloud Services website using this method. You cannot register v9 CommServe computers through the Cloud Services website.
- Registration is mandatory even if you already have an account with the Maintenance Advantage Web site.
- The Cloud Services and the Maintenance Advantage Web sites have separate registrations.
Warning: Do not register a Disaster Recovery (DR) CommServe computer with the Cloud Services website. Because the DR CommServe computer shares a CommCell ID with the production CommServe computer, the Cloud Services website perceives the second CommServe registration as a duplicate and the registration fails.
- Go to the New Cloud User registration page.
- In the related boxes, type your name and e-mail address, and then create and confirm a password.
- Under CommCell Product Info, enter identifying information for the CommServe computer.
To find all of this information, see Viewing and Copying CommCell Product Information.
- Under Please solve the following Math problem, enter the appropriate number, and then click Register.
Your CommServe computer is registered, and a confirmation email is sent with your Cloud Services account details. If you do not receive a confirmation email within a reasonable period, send an email, including the CommServe ID for the CommServe computer that you are trying to register, to CloudServices@commvault.com.