To monitor activities in the CommCell, several tools are available.
The following alerts can be configured to notify you of events that require attention, or as mechanisms to take automated actions based on conditions configured in an alert:
- Email Alerts - send alerts to an email address
- SNMP Traps - send MIB format alerts to computers configured to receive SNMP Alert Notifications
- Windows Event Viewer - send alerts to the Windows Event Viewer of other computers
- SCOM Alerts - send alerts to the Microsoft Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Workflow Notifications - configure alerts to run a workflow
- Command Line - send alert notifications to other client computers by executing a command script
- Save to Disk - send alerts as a text file to a local directory or a network share
- RSS Feeds - send alerts in the form of RSS feeds
- Console Alerts - send alerts can be viewed from the CommCell Console
CommCell Views provide a way to query the CommServe database directly, using either default views, or your own customized based on the data in your organization, and display them in SQL Enterprise Manager, or use products such as Crystal Reports, Microsoft Reporting Services, or Microsoft Excel to format the output.
Log files provide the processing details of operations and are used to analyze and diagnose any problems within the CommCell environment. Log files can be viewed for the CommServe, MediaAgent, or and client.
To analyze large amounts of log data from multiple clients, you can set up monitoring policies to collect and filter the log data. Monitoring policies help you capture log events to efficiently analyze and monitor the state of your environment.
Space Check monitors disk space for the CommServe Database, Software Installation and System Directories, and the disk drives on computers with ContinuousDataReplicator (CDR) installed.
System monitoring gives administrators insight into their IT infrastructure. Data is collected and used by administrators for troubleshooting, auditing, and compliance purposes.