Configuring the Analytics Engine for ObjectStore
Data stored in the ObjectStore is indexed using the Analytics Engine.
- Install the Analytics package in your CommCell environment. For information about installing the Analytics package, see Installing the Analytics Engine.
Note: MediaAgents that were installed in your CommCell environment before Service Pack 6 already have an Analytics Engine installed. You can enable and configure the Analytics Engine on these MediaAgents without installing the Analytics package. Before enabling the Analytics Engine on a MediaAgent installed before Service Pack 6, review the Analytics Engine system requirements.
- If you are not the CommCell administrator, you must have a security association that includes a role with the Agent Management or Administrative Management permission and an association with the MediaAgent you select as the engine. For information on adding a security association to a user, see Administering the Security Associations of a User.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Storage Resources > MediaAgents.
- Right-click the MediaAgent you want to use for the Analytics Engine, and then click Properties.
- On the Analytics Engine tab, select the Configure Analytics Engine check box.
- Next to Index Directory, click Browse and select a location on the MediaAgent to store the ObjectStore index.
- Optional: If you want to increase the Java Virtual Memory (JVM) limit, in the Java Max Memory (MB) box, type the maximum memory in megabytes that can be allocated to the JVM.
Note: The value for Java Max Memory cannot exceed the maximum amount of free memory on the system.
- In the Available Analytics Engine Type list, click Edge Drive and then click the right arrow button (>).
Edge Drive appears in the Configured Analytics Engine Type list.
- If the analytics engine is for the NFS ObjectStore, from the Available Analytics Engine Type list, click NFS Index, and then click the right arrow button (>).
- Click OK.