Adding JDBC Drivers to Data Cube
Many common database management system (DBMS) drivers–such as Microsoft SQL, Oracle, and MySQL–are included with Data Cube. To connect other types of DBMS, you can add the Java Database Connector API (JDBC) driver to Data Cube.
Before You Begin
You must obtain the JDBC driver JAR file for the type of database you want to use. See your database vendor's documentation.
- Log in to the Analytics Engine you want to configure for Data Cube.
- Open the SnapProtect software installation directory and go to CVAnalytics\DataCube\app\sharedLib.
Tip: The default installation directory is located at C:\Program Files\##_DOC_OEM_INSTALL_DESTINATION_COMPANY_FOLDER_##\SnapProtect.
- Copy the JDBC driver JAR file into the sharedLib folder.
- Restart the SnapProtect Data Analytics service on the Analytics Engine. See Restarting a Service.
- Log in to the Web Console.
Note: If you are already logged in to the Web Console, you must log out and log back in to see the new database driver.
- Add the new database data source. See Connecting to a Database with Data Cube.
When you configure the data source, select the Analytics Engine to which you added the JDBC driver JAR, and the new database type should appear under the Drivers list.