Clearing Data and Deleting Data Sources in Data Cube
You can clear existing data from a data source or remove a data source and any data completely from Data Cube.
Before You Begin
- You must be able to log in to the Web Console to view Data Cube. See Accessing the Web Console.
- Only users assigned a role with the Data Connectors permission at the MediaAgent level can access Data Cube in the Analytics section of the Web Console. The associated MediaAgent must have been configured with Analytics Engine for Data Cube.
- Only the creator of the data source can clear data and delete the data source from Data Cube.
- In a Web browser, log in to the Web Console and then click Analytics.
- Click the type of data source that you want to clear or delete.
- On the Data Sources (data source type) page, click the name of the data source you want to clear or delete.
The configuration page for the selected data source appears.
- In the upper-right corner of the Configuration section, click Delete.
- In the Delete Data Source dialog box:
- To clear all of the existing data from the data source, select Clear Existing Data. This option will not remove the data source from Data Cube.
- To permanently delete the data source and all existing data from Data Cube, select Delete Data Source and Data. When this option is selected, the data source will no longer appear in Data Cube.
Warning: Clear and delete operations are irreversible. Ensure that you no longer need the data or data source before you proceed with this operation.
- Click Delete to perform the selected operation.